Friday, January 17, 2014

Brothers & Bone Marrow



Tyler got to come to Isabella's clinic appointment today cause he didn't have school, 
and I was too late to find a babysitter.
Bella was beyond happy that Ty could come with her, from the moment I woke her up and 
she knew he was coming-she was in a better mood than normal.

I made sure to make it a big deal that Ty got to come see "the clinic" and all of her friends there.
I wanted her to feel special, and I wanted Ty to know he was lucky to be able to come.
We got there and she automatically started showing him the fish, elevators, play area, anything 
and everything she could point out-it was SO cute!

Once we got to the clinic they told me Ty would have to go down to the kids area to play, 
cause siblings aren't allowed in the clinic.
I knew this was the rule, but since I didn't have an option I just thought they would let him come in.
Before we went down all the nurses and Dr. Fair got to meet Ty and were all so nice to him...
Bella would say "this is my Ty Ty"...it was so sweet.
Ty was sad at first that he wouldn't be able to stay with her, 
but as soon as he saw the kids area he was stoked!

Dr. Fair came in and said how we needed to start talking about a possible Bone Marrow Transplant
if her levels didn't started rising in the next 6 weeks.
As of now, we haven't seen any increase in her levels and she has now been on the 
immuno-supressants for 6 weeks.  
At this point we could start seeing a change.  
From week 6  to week 12 is when they analyze it and see if the treatment is working.
Some kids take longer for their bodies to respond, and some start changing at 6 weeks.
So since she hasn't increased doesn't' mean she isn't going to, but we need to start planning ahead incase she does need a BMT.

As Doug said this to me, my heart started racing and my stomach was sick.
Just hearing and thinking about a BMT is hard, and I wasn't ready to hear that.
They want to start the process of finding a matched donor because it can take a couple months to find one.
That way if she does end up needing one, it will all be in place and we wont have to wait longer.

As I sat there and listened, it was surreal.  I was definitely emotional, 
and started fearing that it would have to happen.
I know that she has time to respond, and I know that we felt right about doing this treatment, and that's what I need to focus on right now.
I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for her, and I know I need to trust in him and his timing.
It is hard though.  It is overwhelming, and it terrifies me.

These next few weeks and what happens can make such a big difference in her life.
I have never wanted something to happen so bad in my life.

I wasn't expecting to take that all in today.
I'm glad Bella had Ty to make her more comfortable.  
As if hearing all that wasn't hard enough, as we were waiting for her lab results to come back,
I gave her her medicine to take, and as soon as she took the "spicy" one, she threw up all over.

As I was cleaning up the mess, I got a phone call saying that Tyler's time was up and I needed to come get him from downstairs.
When it rains it pours.  I ran down and got Ty, came back up and had to wait for more medicine cause she has to have it everyday at a certain time.

They both started getting hungry, Bella was done being at the clinic, and she still had to be de-accessed.
I just sat there and watched them, and realized how different our lives have become.
I was grateful to have them both with me there, and I am so grateful they have each other.
What a day to remember.




No comments:

Post a Comment