Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bella Turns 3



The movie "Frozen" will always remind me of this time in our lives.
It came out in the middle of all this, and it was the first thing we took Bella out to do-and she LOVED it!
(we took her at 10:45 in the morning, and there were only 3 other people in the whole theater).

It is by far Isabella's FAVORITE movie, there isn't an hour that goes by without her singing a song from it.
We listen to the sound track every time we are in the car, especially going to clinic twice a week...
(that's at least 4 hours of Frozen every week)

So for her party this year, it easily went from a "Tea Party" to a "Frozen Party"!
It's all she has talked about for the last month and a half.
She invited everyone she knows, and everything she sees has to do with her party.

The day could not have been more perfect for this little princess...
she woke up to me decorating and she was SO happy!
She said to me "My Frozen Party Mom? It's sooo beautiful"!
She helped me with all the little details, and couldn't stop smiling.
Tyler sang "Happy Birthday" to her, and I could have melted.

I wanted this party to be all that she hoped and thought it would be...
I've never enjoyed throwing a party more than this one.
I miss party planning, and so to be able to plan a party for my sweet girl was SO enjoyable-
every single detail was for her and things she loves.

Bella's days consist mostly of being at home or being at the clinic.
She has play dates with her little friends as long as everyone is healthy,
but other than that she doesn't get out and do things that most 3 year olds get to do.
Today all her little girlfriends got to come, and she was genuinely SO happy.
Every time the doorbell rang, she would run to the door and couldn't wait to show them everything!
They ate lunch, lots of treats, played an Olaf game, opened presents, and ate popcorn while they watched Frozen...
(thank you Daddy for downloading the movie haha)

By the time they all left, she was exhausted.
She kept thanking us for her party, and loved every single second of it.
I just sat with her on the ground and held her, and was so grateful that this little girl could have a 3rd birthday.
How blessed we are to have her here with us, and for her to be able to enjoy things like this!
I've never wanted someone to feel more loved and thought of.
She is such a trooper each day taking her medicine, doing oral care on her gums, getting her levels checked, getting transfusions...so I just wanted today to be different and special~and it was!

I can't believe she is three.
I can't believe she is so tough when she needs to be,
yet so soft and loving to everyone that she meets.
She loves to tease, make jokes, dance, and sing at the top of her lungs.
She melts hearts, and leaves you wanting more.

I don't know how I got so lucky being her Mom, but I am grateful for it every single day I have with her
...even the hard days.
My Isabella Mae, here's to three more years.
I can't wait to see you grow and become even more beautiful than you are today.
I love you munchkin, Happiest of Birthdays!





No comments:

Post a Comment