Monday, March 10, 2014

I'll Take The Baby Steps


These two....well, they are two peas in a little pod lately.
Every day I pick up Ty from school he asks:
"When did you lay Bella down?  Is she gonna be awake soon?"
They have become the best of friends...
which means they fight one minute and love the next.
Together they will set the world on fire, I can promise you that!

I took Isabella into the clinic on Monday since her Cyclosporine level was high on Friday,
and after the weekend I didn't know what to expect.
As I sat there and waited, I couldn't help but run all the different scenarios in my head.
As Brittany (our nurse who we know) came and told me her ANC was .9, I couldn't believe it!
It had dropped dramatically on Friday from .7 to .3
It hadn't been dropping like the other levels, so when it dropped that much I was heart broken.
.9 Really?  That is the HIGHEST it has ever been!
I felt so, so blessed.

I was amazed, and so relieved.
Her platelets and red blood had dropped, but not as much as I was expecting.
Her platelets went from 58 to 29 over the weekend.
Usually by Monday she is in the lower teens.
So she didn't get a transfusion, which is what needs to keep happening.

After attempts to get a urine sample (which ended up with pooh in her pants), 
a long story that I wont go into details about-
we headed home with smiles on our faces.
I could not WAIT to tell Tyler the good news...he prays for her and worries about her every single day.
When he got in the car I told him that her levels started to go up again, he was SO excited!
I could see the love and excitement on his sweet little perfect face.

This good news is simple, and small.  
But I will take the small even if it's for a day, it feels so good.
At least they are baby steps in the right direction!
So we are praying and having faith that they will continue to rise.
I am one happy Momma, I can't stop smiling...which feels nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment