Monday, March 31, 2014

There Will Be Miracles

I have seen miracles through this entire journey with Bella, but today I feel as though the biggest miracle of all has taken place.
She was given {1 month} to be transfusion independent in order for her not to need a BMT.
I remember being on the phone with Dr. Fair and hearing this, and knowing it could happen, 
but feeling doubt and fear...earlier that day she had gotten a platelet transfusion and had been every week prior.

Well that would be her last platelet transfusion for the next four weeks, and I can't even believe it as I'm writing it.
Somehow her little body has done exactly what it has needed to do, and we are at the point where we can actually say 
"no, she does NOT need a BMT right now".
Boy does that feel amazing!
So now we wait, and wait and see if her body can still respond to the point where she is in normal range,
and when they start weaning her off eventually-they can remain where they are.

I know that all of this is not by chance.
I know that the blessing she received by Matt and Pappa, along with the faith and prayers from those around her,
is what has made this miracle take place.
I am truly grateful for the priesthood power, and for a loving Heavenly Father that knows our hearts and our desires.
This has been such a life changing journey for me, and at the point I am at now, I am taking it all in-
and enjoying the "now", cause it is OH so good.

My heart and mind want to fight it sometimes, and it all seems too good to be true...
but I win that fight and let my soul be happy and thankful.
She is my everything.  She is what puts the smile on my face, and makes me want to dance.
To see her so happy and healthy is all I ever need and is all I have ever wanted.

Miracles happen, and through Christ anything is possible.
He is here for us, and we need to rely on him to get us through our toughest times.
I have felt his hand in all of this, and I never want to let it go.
I am stronger, she is stronger, and together we move on...



No comments:

Post a Comment